Being assembled after bagging the part. The parts have a small flange left on them which I can use for alignment. In the photo you can see and two extra ridges I added for some more stiffness. I stopped the kevlar short of the area you trim out for the rear wheel axle. Kevlar does not trim cleanly as it is almost impossible to sand a smooth edge. Cutting it is not fun either.
The other side with more stiffening ridges. The black shadow arround the ridges is the carbon plate I glueing on the inside. While it accomplished the goal of adding some stiffness, it is way to labour intense to repeat. The next one will have a small strip on foam in the ridge which will do about the same for less weight.
After I installed the fender and checked clearances for the rear wheel I spotted another small improvement I want to add. This one should be easy to do. It will creat a bit more space around the spokes on the cassette side. The fit is tight here so gaining even 2mm is a big deal. It should make it simpler avoid any rubbing issue between the spokes and the fender.
The first Milan is now sitting on it's wheels. We are getting closer to the first ride.