Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flevobike Roof

Here are a couple of  pictures of the Flevobike roof installed on the Borealis.







I don't use the velcro to hold the back end of the roof down, instead there is a lenght of shock cord and a hook to latch it around.  I found that the velcro while it worked wasn't quite as good as the shock cord.   In front of the roof you can see the wind deflector in place.  Tthe lexan part can be removed and replaced with one that  is taller if needed. I can just reach foward and detach the whole deflector if I am getting too hot or it starts raining.  If I have a serious downhill coming up I will put in place to keep the wind out of my eyes.  I find it is sometime difficult to see well at over 60kph even with my glasses on.  A prescription set of biking glass would be ideal but this also works.

No comments:

Post a Comment