The three moulds for the shell lined up on the grass. The top mould is to the left and the two bottom moulds on the right. I have started sanding the right most mould as I used PVA as a release agent and it leaves some pattern in the mould. Using PVA insures that you do get a release. I was not willing to rely just on wax for a release after touching up a few spots on the plug. One more sanding in the mould gives me another chance at making it perfect. I have built quite a few moulds but have yet to get one that is absolutely perfect. This mould so far is looking very nice.
The rear fender moulds are now laminated and waiting to be trimmed. I modified the recess for the chain a bit so it is possible to use just one idler if one chooses to do so. I also added a couple of ribs to the fender so I can hoepfully build it a bit lighter as they will add considerable stiffness to the flat panel. If necessary I can turn these recesses into tubes by filling them with foam and then laminating some material over them on the inside side of the fender. The other option would be to just bond a flat sheet over the recess omitting the foam. I'll try it without either of these steps to see if it will be stiff enough.